ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I have the need to convert animated GIFs to AVIs

(1/2) > >>

tinjaw:
Thanks to some help on #donationcoder I created some animated GIFs to use as indicators that the computer was doing stuff. A percentage progress bar was not appropriate. So I created some spinning thingies to show the computer wasn't dead. Any way, it turns out AutoIt doesn't do animated GIFs, but it does do AVIs and with Auto3Lib I can do a multi-threaded splash-screen with an AVI. That would do what I need. So, I am looking for your choice for tools to do animated GIF to AVI conversions.

lanux128:
this is good: GIF Construction Set, currently version 3.

or this freeware: ImageToAVI

Nighted:
I always like GIF Movie Gear myself and still use it quite often. No gimmics, just a program for animating GIFs.

My avatar was made using GIF Movie Gear.

app103:
Ulead GIF Animator can do this. I have never tried it for this specifically, but it does support exporting as an avi, Quicktime, or mpeg.

It does a great job of exporting as .swf too (which I have used it for).

At about $50, the price is a bit steep for one time use....and the 15 day trial is a bit short for an evaluation period.

There is a freeware version from a long time ago (v.2). I am not sure it can export as .avi or any other video format. You can take a look and see if it does.

http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/

Click the link at the top that says 'GifAnimator' to download. It's the last freeware version they released.

I have the need to convert animated GIFs to AVIs

Edited to include freeware edition info.

Maggy160:
Several screen capture programs are able to capture any motion in a region on screen to avi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version