ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Source Insight IDE: it seems to be different, and better!

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
http://www.sourceinsight.com/features.html

It looks terribly good to browse large projects! Anyone has any experience with it?

MrCrispy:
What a coincidence, I just started using it today for a huge C# codebase. I'm still learning how to use it but at first glance it seems to be a bit 'wierd' - the funky color scheme, not understanding Visual Studios .sln format and having to add files manually, and not knowing what click does what.

urlwolf:
Please report on your experience as you play with it more :)

MrCrispy:
Ok, I am frustated with this thing  >:( The main reason I'm evaluating is to let me see function call graphs (calls, called by). SI has a 'Relations window' which does this, but it has a mind of its own and doesn't always do what you want. I select a function and the relations window is supposed to track it and update, but sometimes it'll just stay stuck and flash a stupid 'working' when in fact its doing anything but !!

And the help file is not very helpful. Lookup a command and it tells you what the command does, but not where to find it and how to run it.

I did manage to find some useful info when it did work as expected. Maybe I need to learn how to use it a bit more, but I don't see myself using it consistently.

f0dder:
MrCrispy: if you're usually using Visual Studio, check out it's "browse database" stuff (dunno if it's available for C#, but I should thing so) - pretty powerful stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version