ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (4/16) > >>

sri:
http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php

2stepsback:
How does Drupal comapre to Joomla.-MrCrispy (April 10, 2007, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not used drupal, so i dunno.
I need to setup a CMS/Wiki/Forum hybrid and Joomla looks like it has enough plugins to do the job.
--- End quote ---
Very correct. I had to do the same hunting and found that Joomla has 1000+ plugins/addons/modules/thingies and has one even for VOIP called Mambotastic. Couple that with the fact that *IBM* has accepted it as a valued platform for the LAMP stack. But I don't really know how to admin Linux.
--- End quote ---
Get any of : XAMPP, EasyPHP, Apache2Triad, Web-Developer Server Suite and many more, develop, test on windows. Run on Linux on a shared host - many free /cheap ones are available

cnewtonne:
The very best way to read about these different CMS solution from people who actually used them is to go here http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2097 and for each solution, you will see user comments at the bottom. I spent a whole night browsing through them and reading these comments. Was truly the best way. Ultimately, you will have to make your decision based on your OWN experience.

At this point, I can say I'm not happy with any of them but Drupal was the best due to the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm starting to think that there is just no easy way about doing this. If you do want a web site, then you must learn HTML, some CSS, and if the need arises some server side scripting.

For this reason, I'm finding myself monkeying around again with DreamWeaver. Learn it once and fly solo without having to depend on any other tool or developer.

Hirudin:
Sorry, didn't read the thread, but when I clicked the link with the censored "f - word" I was surprised to see that you started it Mouser...  :o

mouser:
there is a lot to love about drupal, and i tend to fly off the handle with frustration sometimes, so i apologize for the harsh nature of my post.. but i just get so infuriated sometimes when it's so hard to do even the simplest things.. i bet some people feel the same way about my software. actually i know some do because i get the hate mail  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version