ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (2/16) > >>

Josh:
No, just hate mouser for not being smart enough to figure it out ;-)

Curt:
I can't help but feel it has some great technical cool aspects but is not suited for humans to use it. 
(...)
I can only assume that the large population of people who like [this] are mentally disturbed in some way.. -mouser (April 10, 2007, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

You just described what I think of computers...   :-[

cnewtonne:
WOW... I do not think I have ever seen Mouser this frustrated. When I saw the 'f*cked' word, I thought, who dares to use this in Mouser's forums. Guess what, it was Mouser him/herself.

I actually installed drupal last month and chose some of plug-ins like FCKEditor. I have test-driven 10 of the top ones on the CMS open source site and I came up with Drupal first, CMS Made easy second, and there was a 3rd done I can't remember its name.

I have not done any serious development with Drupal. I have one simple site I created for my documentation and believe me I can't even imagine how would Mouser react having to deal with the other CMS solutions out there.

I like Drupal 'so far' because of ...
- simple and straight forward administrative interface.
- Best documentation.
- Active and responsive forums.
- Good deal of plugins.

I do have some more work to do with it, but for what I have seen so far, I do not feel that bad about it.

dk70:
Try search for "calendar" at Drupal site. Many people are frustrated. An example http://drupal.org/node/111485 or worse http://drupal.org/node/120710 May be you consider that helpful and may be it is - but certainly not to all.

I also only have quick impression of Drupal - only good but I can smell it is very hard to modify. When stuck you are truely stuck - unless on top of things which most are not. I dont need modified calendars but perhaps some CSS hacking. Ask about that on forum and you will be told to install default theme and work up the ladder from there =  not easy to tinker with. May be cool for real developers but my quick impression of Drupal is overkill for basic/personal sites - even if it appears very user friendly in administration. Could see it as engine for DC but not when ADM freak out over a little calendar plugin ;)

MrCrispy:
How does Drupal comapre to Joomla. I need to setup a CMS/Wiki/Forum hybrid and Joomla looks like it has enough plugins to do the job. But I don't really know how to admin Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version