ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (15/16) > >>

mouser:
No in this case im speaking as an end user -- if you think you a forum is going to be an important part of your website, don't even THINK about using the druapl forum system.

It might still be reasonable to use drupal as your CMS and bridge to another true forum system, but don't even think about using the drupal forum system, it's unbelievably bad.

superboyac:
No in this case im speaking as an end user -- if you think you a forum is going to be an important part of your website, don't even THINK about using the druapl forum system.

It might still be reasonable to use drupal as your CMS and bridge to another true forum system, but don't even think about using the drupal forum system, it's unbelievably bad.
-mouser (April 14, 2011, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm still waiting for a wordpress-like CMS system to come out.  It will be huge.  I've been waiting for years.  So has tranglos.  Drupal forums are very frustrating.

JavaJones:
What exactly would a "wordpress-like CMS system" be? You mean Wordpress, but with all the extra complexity a full-blown CMS needs to do its job? ;)

- Oshyan

superboyac:
What exactly would a "wordpress-like CMS system" be? You mean Wordpress, but with all the extra complexity a full-blown CMS needs to do its job? ;)

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 14, 2011, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
There's a couple of threads about this here.  What I mean is something that is pleasant and easy to use like Wordpress, yet offers pretty good flexibility and power when needed, also like Wordpress.  What would be perfect is something like Wordpress, but without the fundamental "blog" philosophy.  What that means for me is simply being able to organize content freely.  Wordpress forces you to organize content chronologically, and to do it differently requires fighting against the true nature of the engine.

JavaJones:
Yeah, I know. I'm just suggesting that possibly, to do what a good general purpose CMS does, might remove some of the inherent simplicity and ease of use that Wordpress users love. It may be somewhat the nature of more general purpose CMS systems. After all there are 100s, surely one of them would have "gotten it right" and done what you're suggesting, right? Surely Automattic aren't the only ones with a good UI design sense.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version