ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (14/16) > >>

Radiola:
I can't help but feel it has some great technical cool aspects but is not suited for humans to use it.-mouser (April 10, 2007, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Computer has also some great technical cool aspects but is not suited for humans to use it compared with the calculator.. You have strange logic

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Drupal development company

mouser:
Drupal 7 is now public
http://drupal.org/

Renegade:
Drupal 7 is now public
http://drupal.org/
-mouser (January 05, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

How is it? Is it as mind-numbingly terse and stubborn as it used to be? Or is it now usable by mere mortals?

mouser:
I hate to do this because it is in many ways unfair to say this without going into details, but i have to say after working with drupal several times now i have to warn people to stay away from it -- it is truly a painful horrible thing to work with.

But each time i decide to give drupal another chance my experience is worse than the last.

Recently i'm working with the drupal forum system and i have to say it is one of the worst, hardest to use, most confusing, least functional, poorly designed forum systems ever designed.  By a large margin.  Stay away from drupal.

JavaJones:
Are you speaking strictly as a dev? What if, as a small company, your web consultant firm recommends Drupal? If they're willing to handle the issues, is it sensible to go with it? Or is it reasonable to assume that the extra complexity will either increase cost, make it less flexible/easy to modify down the line, or both)? In other words would you at that point recommend asking if they can work with some other CMS, or even going with an entirely different consultant firm?

From the perspective of a small site owner that needs potentially sophisticated CMS capability (and can work with coders to get it), do you have any alternative suggestions for CMSs, short of "roll your own" (framework)?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version