ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (8/16) > >>

40hz:
I have also noticed that on the drupal forums a huge number of posts asking for help or clarification go ignored.. I'm not sure what that tells you but it's not a great sign.

-mouser (February 14, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it tells you that the developers, having received A Vision, are not particularly interested in clarifying or explaining things. There seems to be an attitude saying that if someone's not bright enough to grasp what Drupal is doing (after they've RTFM) then perhaps it's best if they go elsewhere.

This, unfortunately, is the darker side of FOSS.

I also suspect that some of the key figures have a far better grasp of "formal" English than they do the colloquial. Many times I've seen responses from the development team that either seemed to miss the point of the original query; or where offense was taken when it was obvious that none was intended.

But I suppose we should expect that, since the lesser gods have always been known to be a bit touchy.

James Thurber said it best: Mighty oafs from little icons grow.

8)

tranglos:
I have also noticed that on the drupal forums a huge number of posts asking for help or clarification go ignored.. I'm not sure what that tells you but it's not a great sign.
-mouser (February 14, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, Joomla forums are much like that, too. Plenty of good questions go unanswered, and then there are lots of beginner questions by people with 1-post count, answered by people with a 4-post count, who clearly don't really know the answer, either.

cranioscopical:
James Thurber said it best: Mighty oafs from little icons grow.-40hz (February 14, 2009, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
And the icon doesn't fall far from the free.

40hz:
James Thurber said it best: Mighty oafs from little icons grow.-40hz (February 14, 2009, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
And the icon doesn't fall far from the free.
-cranioscopical (May 12, 2009, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

You never cease to amaze me. ;D

mouser:
today i'm back to loathing drupal.. there is a lot good about it but there is so much bad, sometimes its unbearable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version