ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

<< < (5/16) > >>

Renegade:
there is a lot to love about drupal, and i tend to fly off the handle with frustration sometimes, so i apologize for the harsh nature of my post.. but i just get so infuriated sometimes when it's so hard to do even the simplest things.. i bet some people feel the same way about my software. actually i know some do because i get the hate mail  :P
-mouser (April 11, 2007, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what Shitware.net is for!  :)

We all get frustrated with computers - that's just how things are.

I shy away from the LAMP stuff like Drupal because I really don't like PHP or the messy type of things that you need to do to configure LAMP applications (e.g. Having to configure a web server for case insensitivity is just silly - IIS has this right). Microsoft tends to have things that are more usable and easier. If I really need a *nix solution, then I figure that I'd want to go with Solaris instead. But I don't need strategic nuclear powered *nix servers...

If you really want a good CMS that is easy to work with, DotNetNuke is worth looking at, but it's ASP.NET, not LAMP.

Dr-Leech:
I'm using Drupal some time ago and it's a monster, but a good monster.
Also tried other CMSs and no one were that configurable and well supported like Drupal. If you see the contributed modules, there are lots and most of them well documented.

I agree that Drupal customization is a really headache, but if you get handly with it you will see that everything is really customizable without modifing the core itself.

mouser:
i got a nice book on drupal and started thinking i was too hard on it.
then i spent an hour screaming today after discovering that the forum i created was in accessible to any users and spent an hour trying to figure out why and how to enable it.

i truly believe drupal is a powerful and horrible evil unusable system.  avoid at all costs is my advice.

sri:
http://www.howtotuts.com/2008/01/12/how-to-create-a-web-site-using-drupal-1/

Dr-Leech:
Good thing you haven't tried Joomla yet, or your post title should was "Drupal rocks!".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version