ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Drupal is f*cked

(1/16) > >>

mouser:
Because I made a post a long time ago saying how I liked drupal a lot, i thought it was only responsible that i make another post saying that after trying to do a few things with it, i'm developing a very deep hatred and disgust of it.

I can't help but feel it has some great technical cool aspects but is not suited for humans to use it.  I may change my mind eventually but right now i would warn everyone to stay away from it if they actually intend to use the site they create with it.  I can only assume that the large population of people who like drupal are mentally disturbed in some way..

mouser:
ps. it's hard to describe how messed up drupal is in human english words.  if you want to try an experience in sanity-destruction, try to set up a drupal site with a reasonable calendar/event display module which shows which events are scheduled for which days and times.  good luck.

tinyvillager:
 I couldn't agree more

I was pumped with the release of version five.It was super easy to install,two weeks
later there was a security update,i botched it.I tried to follow instructions on the site,
their docs are like an unkept wiki.Since Version 5 is their flagship product,they should
gut all the old info,plugins,etc before version five,imho.So i did a fresh install,then i got
spooked...you spend all your hard work,design,etc and you know your going to have a horrible time updating.That,and i don't know,i just don't like the "node" thing.

mouser:
I have to say that some of the core Drupal structural organization things, like using generic nodes, is an absolutely wonderful and super cool idea in theory.  And it does let you do some wonderful stuff (like having forum posts also shown under book hierarchies, which is similar to the modifications i wrote for the simplemachines forum that let us create the blog page, etc.).  But god damn is the drupal administration thing confusing..

Not just confusing but totally inexplicable.  You've got this powerful infrastructure, and then absolutely horrible facilities for formatting content and the documentation is atrocious.

mitzevo:
Cmon guys.. now now.. Don't hate the cms, hate the customization! hehe j/k
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version