topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DMEX Bar  (Read 12612 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DMEX Bar
« on: April 09, 2007, 09:35 PM »
did a quick search at DC but couldn't find it so posting this old favourite of mine.. DMEXBar 11, a toolbar extension for Windows explorer.

Features:
DMEXBar adds a new toolbar to the explorer with many new features like: Arrange explorer windows side by side, rename multiple files at once, quick change to favourite folders, quick create directory, split files, calculate directory size and some more...

but there is no website, the program is available at Simtel, so are new releases, the last update being on Nov. 2005..

Source: http://www.simtel.ne...product.php?id=59298

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DMEX Bar
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:55 AM »
If you could attach a screenshot I could blog it :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:20 AM »
i haven't used DMEX-Bar for some time since i hardly use Explorer nowadays.. but i got these images from several websites, let me know if they're ok.. :)

dmexbar-03.gif
Source: http://www.chip.de/d...id1=27704&tid2=0

dmexbar-02.jpg
Source: http://www.stern.de/...Explorer/526528.html

dmexbar-04.jpgDMEX Bar
Source: http://www.infoweek....dl_id=1021&sid=0

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 01:47 AM »
I like this program, Ive used others but they just seemed to crash my works pc, This one seems to run ok, Only one problem is Fav folders bar sometimes dont update with what you neeed

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 08:31 PM »
  Too bad the file isn't on the website anymore, I'd like the newer version.   :(  I've been using an older version of DMEX for years now and rely on it's functions just about every day.   :Thmbsup:

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I downloaded it fine but AVG Free reports it is infected because it is named .zip.exe.

Is that the same file that you downloaded safely Lanux?  Better safe than sorry.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I downloaded it fine but AVG Free reports it is infected because it is named .zip.exe.

Is that the same file that you downloaded safely Lanux?  Better safe than sorry.

I got it today.  For some reason it was confusing my downloading software, so I just used the built-in download and got it just fine.    :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 08:59 PM »
yes, the file is virus-free.. most probably, due to DMEX Bar's features as a shell extension AVG is throwing up a false alarm.. :)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 09:51 PM »
  BitDefender 9 says it's OK as well...   :Thmbsup:

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I installed version 11 of DMEX tonight and was very disappointed.  They dropped a whole bunch of stuff that I used in my older version, so I went back to v3.19.   :(

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49 AM »
With your reassurances I opened the file & it was a miniversion of GetRight that then downloaded the DMEX Bar.

TinMan, maybe you'd prefer an in-between version.  Version 8 was floating around for a while.  I'm curious to know what features the newest version is missing.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 08:01 PM »
  Oh geeze, I can't even remember what all was missing from the new version.  I think some of the features was a bunch of filename clipboard commands, but I slept since then.  lol.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the file was a downloader.  I have no idea why people do such things.  I do know the downloader was clean and didn't try to send out anything or download anything it wasn't supposed to.....

If there was documentation for version 8 I could take a look and see if they dropped any of my favorite commands, otherwise I'd stay with 3.19 since it works just fine....   :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 09:23 PM »
With your reassurances I opened the file & it was a miniversion of GetRight that then downloaded the DMEX Bar.
if i'm not mistaken, Simtel downloads come with a GetRight mini-containers, probably to allow pause/resume.. :)