ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quizo QTTabbar

<< < (8/24) > >>

Curt:
If the QT folder is not present in the default %Programs% directory, the installation must have created another directory, starting from C:\ - otherwise there were no installation at all. Well, "installation" is of course not the right word; QT will merely unpack and register. Maybe you should first Search your XP for new files.

rkr3:
Followed your advice and did a search for new files.

It creates a folder at the following location:

C:\WINDOWS\assembly\temp\W8HQZ9IR0A

The folder W8HQZ9IR0A has the qttabbar.dll file. When I try to register it using regsvr32 from the Run box, here's the error I get:

"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\temp\W8HQZ9IR0A\qttabbar.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found

This file cannot be registered"

Any ideas?

rkr3:
Correction (re my previous post): QTTabBar creates a folder at the following location --

"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\QTTabBar\1.0.0.0__78a0cde69b47ca25". This folder has the qttabbar.dll file.

However, when I try to register it, I get a similar error (as above), i.e. "....but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found

This file cannot be registered"

Curt:
Yes, I have had that message many times as well. Not just when trying to install Quizo, but in general. When it comes to MY computer, I know the reason is that my pc is unstable. Why you recieve the same message, I cannot know. But one thing is, that I expect you clicked "open" when you started downloading the QT file - that is why it is hidden somewhere strange, I would say. Please download a new file and click "save" - and save it in %Programs%. Only then, you can db'click (unpack) the file.

rkr3:
Thanks for the reply...but that isn't the problem, since I always download and save the file to my 'Downloads' folder, then extract it, and then run the setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version