ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quizo QTTabbar

<< < (3/24) > >>

Curt:
Did you notice this command:
? ^folder   It selects other than the folder.
- or this:
? _   Desktop search is started.

(I did not test any of this)

Command summary:

/ Regular expression/[ i ]   Using regular expression, it searches file name.
; (Semicolon)   It searches from summary information of the file.
: (Colon)   It searches from attribute of the file.
> < >= and <=   It searches from file size.
>> << ==   It searches from renewal day and time/compilation day and time of the file.
: : (Colon)   Doing full text retrievals from the text file, and the like it selects the file which matches.

? Folder   Just the folder is selected.
? ^folder   It selects other than the folder.
? Link   Shortcut (Internet shortcut just it includes) it selects.
? ^link   It selects other than taking a shortcut.
? Null   File size 0 selects the item which is.
? Old [ num ] [ c/m ]
? New [ num ] [ c/m ]   Have old,/new time stamp just the quantity which appoints those which selects.
? Large [ num ]
? Small [ num ]   File size large,/small ones (the folder excludes) just the quantity which is appointed selects.
? Today
? Todayc   The object which today is renewed is selected.
The object which today was drawn up is selected.
? Yesterday
? Yesterdayc   Yesterday
? Week
? Weekc   This week
? Lastweek
? Lastweekc   Last week
? Year
? Yearc   This year
? Lastyear
? Lastyearc   Last year
? Month
? Monthc   This month
? Lastmonth
? Lastmonthc   Last month
? Hour
? Hourc   Current time
? Md5   MD5 value of the file which it is selective is indicated.
If the MD5 value which agrees to the clipboard has entered, it informs.
In addition, when selecting two files, those MD5 values agree, or inspect.
?   Command is executed by way of command prompt.
? _   Desktop search is started.
? ?   Web it searches with Google.

-
--- End quote ---

Nod5:
Yes, I noticed those ("? Folder   Just the folder is selected." , "? ^folder   It selects other than the folder.")
But I suspect those switches only narrow the search to files and/or folders (foldernames) inside the current folder. So still no search within subfolders.

I'm not sure though since everything I type after the ? runs according to this switch:
"?   Command is executed by way of command prompt."

I agree that QTToolBar probably never aspired to replace the regular Explorer search. Still, subfolder searches would be really neat!  8)

If you have multiple explorer tabs in QTTabBar and then do a search, do you get matches from within the active folder or from all folders?

Curt:
Arghh; I was wrong again again  :-[ :
This is most definitely SearchAsYouType. Yes!

But only within the active folder tab.

Nighted:
Yes, it's search as you type, and it does exactly what I need it to do. If I need a more in depth search, I'll turn to my indexing program which is extremely fast and lets me work with files exactly as in explorer anyway.

I have a download folder with hundreds of unsorted ebooks for example. Sorting these will take several days, if not weeks. Typing in a certain title and having only those items shown will save major time and make sorting them much more enjoyable.

Concerning features, there are probably more coming, as these products seem to be in current and active development and have had a few very recent revisions.

Nod5:
Great that there's Search as You Type! I'll try QTTabbar later this week. One custom tool I'm thinking of trying to set up would be a link to FindAndReplaceRobot or some similar tool. you type a phrase in QTTabbar/QTToolbar2 and press a custom key. FARR is then launched and searches with the phrase in the active folder and all subfolders.

BTW, given that QTToolbar2 only searches the current folder it's very extensive custom search options really seems overkill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version