ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quizo QTTabbar

<< < (20/24) > >>

Curt:
Sorry, if this was posted before:
http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/
QTTabBar is developed further.    :)
-Lutz_ (June 08, 2010, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

GOOD NEWS!!

Thank you, Lutz!

Hmm... so now we are recommending a crack?!!!   :o   8)

QTTabBar is written in C#, which means it can be easily decompiled. Thanks to Red Gate Software’s amazing .NET Reflector, I was able to decompile QTTabBar into surprisingly organized source files. After messing around in Visual Studio for a while, I was able to get the project files working, and got it to compile. I then checked it into SourceForge, and here we are.
--- End quote ---

http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/

re-Edited:
People might wanna hold on to their horses, as the development of the new QTTabbar still is in Alpha 3.

daddydave:
Interesting history. I think from now on every developer must consider putting a "vanished from the face of earth" clause in their license agreement if they want to prevent this kind of thing.

I think I had this installed when I was using Vista (apparently the original author's QTTabbar), but I never could get out of the habit of just opening two Explorer windows instead of going to a tab.

Curt:
... I never could get out of the habit of just opening two Explorer windows instead of going to a tab.
-daddydave (June 09, 2010, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

-don't you use tabs in your Internet browser?

Anyway, with QTTabbar, you can just click "Options > Window > Capture new Explorer processes", and "Options > General > Activate new tab, +(and/or),  reuse existing tab (or, open in new tab)".

---
re-Edited: Of course there are also "Favorite folders" (Options > Groups)

-which makes my Explorer always opening with nine tabs ready:

(992x670 pixels):

Quizo QTTabbar

daddydave:
Anyway, with QTTabbar, you can just click "Options > Window > Capture new Explorer processes", and "Options > General > Activate new tab, +(and/or),  reuse existing tab (or, open in new tab)".
-Curt (June 09, 2010, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't aware, and that would definitely help, I think. I didn't care for tabs in Firefox until I was able to force all tabs into the same window using Tab Mix Plus. Looks like I'll be giving it another shot (once it is out of alpha).

EDIT 2: Then again if I am dragging and dropping a file from one folder to another, isn't it more mouse movement if I have to aim for the tab bullseye instead of having the whole target window to aim for?

EDIT 3: I guess that's not a given either, since I'm not sure how far I'm dragging to the other window. If you see me holding a wooden ruler to my monitor, you'll know why.

Curt:
-yes, of course large arm movements are faster.

As times has gone, I think it has become fairly easy to hit the target tab, when I drag&drop. Also, you can drag to the folders in the tree in the left margin. Finally, copy to, or move to, or cut&paste, are fast&easy because they are buttons on your toolbar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version