ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quizo QTTabbar

<< < (16/24) > >>

Curt:
@ nudone and others, are you (sometimes) running in virtual mode? If so, you could also try out QTTabbar2 ("two") from http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/otherstuff - but I haven't tried it (I can find absolutely no info on it), so I have no idea what good it may do to your wishes.

PhilB66:
Have a look at StExBar.-PhilB66 (December 21, 2008, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice toolbar, Phil. And it actually will cooperate with Quizo QTTabbar!  :up:

However, my first impression is that it is a lot of fuzz to make for so few buttons. "Options, Show System Files, Console, Copy Names, Copy Path, New Folder, Rename, search-box." End of story. The renamer does not rename the marked file(s). I will have to test this toolbar for some more time to understand the good of it. Of course, these features are fine and welcome, I am merely holding back the praise because I already have Quizo's. But it sure is a fine "feature" that you can use both QTTabbar and StExBar at the same time!

-Curt (December 21, 2008, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

"You can add your own commands to the StExBar and define hotkeys for them." (Click on "Options" and then on the "Add" button.)

See this page for examples (scroll down the page).

Curt:
This question of mine may have nothing to do with QTTabbar, or it may even have been caused by QTTabbar:

How do I force Vista Explorer to reset & remember window size?  :tellme:

The problem is that I keep changing Explorer's window to the (same) size I want, but the next time Explorer opens, the window will have the wrong size again. And again, and again. I have even tried to push the terrible "make all folders show columns this way", hoping it would provoke the change I am wanting, but to no avail. One tab will always be forced to create a new row of tabs, and it doesn't look good. But worse, the tab is not placed where I will look for it, because it always is the most right tab that jumps to now being the most left tab in a new row.

Quizo QTTabbar

PhilB66:
I am on XP, but this tutorial seems to answer your question: How to Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings to Make Vista Remember

After the reset, set the size of the window and close it.

Curt:
Thanks, Phil.

However, seconds after I had posted the question, I suddenly noticed that QT's search box was smaller than usual, and I realized it had been so for a while. So I grabbed the right edge, and dragged the box wider, towards the right edge of Explorer. And voila! Explorer made itself wider, to adjust to the search box. I closed & restarted Explorer. Yes, it was good. I closed & restarted Vista, Yes, it is still good. Problem solved, without knowing why.

Sorry for taking up your time, but it seems I sometimes have to form a question, before I can find the answer (sounds quite logic, come to think of it)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version