topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Quizo QTTabbar  (Read 98757 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quizo QTTabbar
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2008, 01:09 PM »
@ nudone and others, are you (sometimes) running in virtual mode? If so, you could also try out QTTabbar2 ("two") from http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/otherstuff - but I haven't tried it (I can find absolutely no info on it), so I have no idea what good it may do to your wishes.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Have a look at StExBar.

Nice toolbar, Phil. And it actually will cooperate with Quizo QTTabbar!  :up:

However, my first impression is that it is a lot of fuzz to make for so few buttons. "Options, Show System Files, Console, Copy Names, Copy Path, New Folder, Rename, search-box." End of story. The renamer does not rename the marked file(s). I will have to test this toolbar for some more time to understand the good of it. Of course, these features are fine and welcome, I am merely holding back the praise because I already have Quizo's. But it sure is a fine "feature" that you can use both QTTabbar and StExBar at the same time!

"You can add your own commands to the StExBar and define hotkeys for them." (Click on "Options" and then on the "Add" button.)

See this page for examples (scroll down the page).

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2008, 11:55 AM »
This question of mine may have nothing to do with QTTabbar, or it may even have been caused by QTTabbar:

How do I force Vista Explorer to reset & remember window size?  :tellme:

The problem is that I keep changing Explorer's window to the (same) size I want, but the next time Explorer opens, the window will have the wrong size again. And again, and again. I have even tried to push the terrible "make all folders show columns this way", hoping it would provoke the change I am wanting, but to no avail. One tab will always be forced to create a new row of tabs, and it doesn't look good. But worse, the tab is not placed where I will look for it, because it always is the most right tab that jumps to now being the most left tab in a new row.

1tab2many.gifQuizo QTTabbar

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:01 PM by Curt »

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2008, 12:09 PM »
I am on XP, but this tutorial seems to answer your question: How to Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings to Make Vista Remember

After the reset, set the size of the window and close it.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Thanks, Phil.

However, seconds after I had posted the question, I suddenly noticed that QT's search box was smaller than usual, and I realized it had been so for a while. So I grabbed the right edge, and dragged the box wider, towards the right edge of Explorer. And voila! Explorer made itself wider, to adjust to the search box. I closed & restarted Explorer. Yes, it was good. I closed & restarted Vista, Yes, it is still good. Problem solved, without knowing why.

Sorry for taking up your time, but it seems I sometimes have to form a question, before I can find the answer (sounds quite logic, come to think of it)!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:45 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quizo QTTabbar
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10 AM »
New plugins for QTTabbar have been available for 3 months, but I only noticed them today; they are not placed on the 'plugins'-page but on 'download': http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/download

New plugins

These plugins larger than 1.1.0.0 do not work with earlier QTTabBar than 1.2.3β3.

Create files and folder with number
Selection tool pack ( "Select empty button", "Select by extension", "Selection Info To StatusBar" )
Spacer

Notice this one: folder size:up:

qt0.gif

qt1.gif

qt2.gif

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 08:39 AM »
Samer from FreewareGenius has uploaded a rather big post about "Fourty-Three of The Best Free Windows Enhancements That You Should Know About". I was please to see that he has placed Quizo QTTabbar as number 2 out of 43.

http://www.freewareg...u-should-know-about/

http://www.freewareg...007/05/13/qt-tabbar/

Rating: 5 out of 5.
- I totally agree

:up:

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Friends, Can anyone tell me How can you make it work in windows 7???
Geniune Replies Please, If anyone already using it on windows 7 or if anyone tries and can rectify the problem which it gives then only knidly reply...
Sorry for sounding so rude but I tried all the possible methods to make it work windows 7 and it doesn't so bit disappointed...
and thanking you all experts for this wonderful community....

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2009, 02:50 AM »
Quizo seems not to be all well.  :(

QTTabbar has not been updated for 7, and might never be.

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2009, 04:55 AM »
Yeh, I think so, but still will have to see after Windows 7 goes GA (General Availability) on October 22 2009, but the ray of hope is very light, any other windows 7 users here using it or having the same problem...

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15 PM »
I can't locate any instructions on how to install plugins. What do I do with the .dll file of a plugin?
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2009, 01:18 AM »
It's well hidden on forum  ;D but here is instruction for memo but same for other plugins..

http://qttabbar.wiki...e-folder-memo-plugin

:Thmbsup:

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2009, 01:54 AM »
I have qttabbar and qtaddress bar installed in windows explorer.

When I click on a menu item of Direct Folders nothing happens. Can anyone confirm that DF doesn't work w/ windows explorer w/ QT installed?
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2009, 03:42 AM »
@sri, have you double-checked the keyboard combinations, for 'overlap'? Please understand that when I "tested" DirectFolders with QTTabbar, I got so annoyed because of hotkeys 'overlapping', that I removed DF without fully knowing if they may be able to co-operate or not! They do have a problem, that is certain, but they may work together!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:48 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2009, 04:02 AM »
@CleverCat, I am a little worried because of your recommendation of the 'memo' instructions. I mean: 1) you never got an answer, and 2) the answer the other user got, well, if some supporter had given me such an answer, I would RUN and never look back! The described procedure is 'hole-in-the-head' nerd'ish, pardon me my Danish French; this is for Windows, not for Linux!
 :P

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2009, 04:22 AM »
I can't locate any instructions on how to install plugins. What do I do with the .dll file of a plugin?
Edited:

- sorry, sri, I forgot the initial question. Merely unpack the zip container into QTTabbar > Tools. End of story. To enable, right-click on toolbar > Options > Plugins > Add Plugin....
Right-click somewhere else on toolbar > Customize...
You might want to also grab the "Options"-button, otherwise it can be a little too difficult to right-click the proper place!

BTW, I use QTTabBar_1.2.3β5, on Vista 32-bits.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:00 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Have a look at StExBar.
Nice toolbar, Phil. And it actually will cooperate with Quizo QTTabbar!  :up:

and in contrast to QTTabbar, StExBar is still being updated; now at version 1.80  :up:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35 AM »
another one being regularly updated is Explorer++; now at version 1.1,
and mentioned in today's email from CyberNet Technology News.

Explorer++ is a free, open source, tabbed, portable, Explorer replacement   :up:

Comes both for 32-bits = 363 KB (edited: 860 kb unpacked), and for 64-bits = 425 KB
-and looks really good!  :-*

explorer-replacement.pngQuizo QTTabbar

I have just downloaded it and I am certainly going to test it. The only feature I am missing right out of the box is Quizo's blue "look-inside-the-folder"-button (which is why I am telling about the program here on this thread). I don't know why all file managers in the world don't have such a fantastic feature; it can be sooo time-saving when you are looking for something you don't quite remember the name of.

http://www.explorerplusplus.com

re-Edited:

quote from "Re: File Managers! Windows Explorer replacement! Come one, come all...":

Copyright © 2008 www.explorerplusplus.com:

http://www.explorerplusplus.com/download
I have not yet tried it.

20 months later: Now I am trying it! ;D

I had honestly forgotten everything about Explorer++   :-[
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:30 AM by Curt »

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Sorry, if this was posted before:
http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/
QTTabBar is developed further.    :)

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 02:09 AM »
My No.1 reason for using QTTabbar is the Double Click on Desktop to open!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 03:53 AM »
Sorry, if this was posted before:
QTTabBar is developed further.    :)

GOOD NEWS!!

Thank you, Lutz!

Hmm... so now we are recommending a crack?!!!   :o   8)

QTTabBar is written in C#, which means it can be easily decompiled. Thanks to Red Gate Software’s amazing .NET Reflector, I was able to decompile QTTabBar into surprisingly organized source files. After messing around in Visual Studio for a while, I was able to get the project files working, and got it to compile. I then checked it into SourceForge, and here we are.

re-Edited:
People might wanna hold on to their horses, as the development of the new QTTabbar still is in Alpha 3.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:03 AM by Curt »

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 05:06 AM »
Interesting history. I think from now on every developer must consider putting a "vanished from the face of earth" clause in their license agreement if they want to prevent this kind of thing.

I think I had this installed when I was using Vista (apparently the original author's QTTabbar), but I never could get out of the habit of just opening two Explorer windows instead of going to a tab.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2010, 06:30 AM »
... I never could get out of the habit of just opening two Explorer windows instead of going to a tab.

-don't you use tabs in your Internet browser?

Anyway, with QTTabbar, you can just click "Options > Window > Capture new Explorer processes", and "Options > General > Activate new tab, +(and/or),  reuse existing tab (or, open in new tab)".

---
re-Edited: Of course there are also "Favorite folders" (Options > Groups)

-which makes my Explorer always opening with nine tabs ready:

(992x670 pixels):

2010-06-09_135519-772.gifQuizo QTTabbar

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:03 AM by Curt »

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39 AM »
Anyway, with QTTabbar, you can just click "Options > Window > Capture new Explorer processes", and "Options > General > Activate new tab, +(and/or),  reuse existing tab (or, open in new tab)".

I wasn't aware, and that would definitely help, I think. I didn't care for tabs in Firefox until I was able to force all tabs into the same window using Tab Mix Plus. Looks like I'll be giving it another shot (once it is out of alpha).

EDIT 2: Then again if I am dragging and dropping a file from one folder to another, isn't it more mouse movement if I have to aim for the tab bullseye instead of having the whole target window to aim for?

EDIT 3: I guess that's not a given either, since I'm not sure how far I'm dragging to the other window. If you see me holding a wooden ruler to my monitor, you'll know why.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:03 AM by daddydave »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08 AM »
-yes, of course large arm movements are faster.

As times has gone, I think it has become fairly easy to hit the target tab, when I drag&drop. Also, you can drag to the folders in the tree in the left margin. Finally, copy to, or move to, or cut&paste, are fast&easy because they are buttons on your toolbar.