ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Quizo QTTabbar

<< < (15/24) > >>

PhilB66:
@nudone

Have a look at StExBar.

Curt:
a) create new folder: from a single click button and/or a shortcut of F12.
b) show/hide extension for known file types: also from a single click button toggle.
-nudone (December 21, 2008, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

a) Yes, as a hotkey, No, not as a single click but as a 3-clicker (because the button makes you choose between a new file or a new folder)

b) No, sorry, not yet. But you are more than welcome to create it yourself ;-) or talk someone else into doing it. Quizo has just come back from his incredible long time in bed, and has already launched version 1.2.3 beta 2, so you could also try to write him and make a request.

PluginSDK is available.
It's easy to make your own plugins!
--- End quote ---

Curt:
Have a look at StExBar.-PhilB66 (December 21, 2008, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice toolbar, Phil. And it actually will cooperate with Quizo QTTabbar!  :up:

However, my first impression is that it is a lot of fuzz to make for so few buttons. "Options, Show System Files, Console, Copy Names, Copy Path, New Folder, Rename, search-box." End of story. The renamer does not rename the marked file(s). I will have to test this toolbar for some more time to understand the good of it. Of course, these features are fine and welcome, I am merely holding back the praise because I already have Quizo's. But it sure is a fine "feature" that you can use both QTTabbar and StExBar at the same time!

nudone:
thanks, PhilB66 and Curt. i'm looking at both of your suggestions, though it would still be nice to just do everything with QTTabBar.

Curt, is there a quick way of changing the keyboard shortcuts in QTTabBar. i don't seem to be able to do so - i already had the new item plugin installed but it doesn't have a hot key associated with it on my system. edit: i've just realised how to change it.

i'd also had a quick look at how to create a plugin before making my original post but i didn't understand any of it. are there any tutorials for writing for QTTabBar, i can't find anything online.

nudone:
thought i may as well mention this now i've had another look at the settings.

you can have a single hotkey to create a new folder/file. this suits me, i'm not too bothered about having a button to do it. and now i've realised that vista doesn't select the extension when renaming from a F2 hit i'm not too fussed about the show/hide extension request i made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version