topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 7:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Link Commander: Good program, Bad support  (Read 5210 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Link Commander: Good program, Bad support
« on: April 08, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I have posted previously that I thought Link Commander was a good program. After working with it for a while I thought it would be helpful for me and went to the Resort Labs site to purchase it. While there, I noticed they were offering free registration for Link Commander if you sent them a URL collection. I did some work on a group of URLs so the links would meet Resort Lab's criteria, sent them off, and waited eagerly for their response. That was last Sunday morning. After hearing nothing by Monday night, I sent them an email asking when I might expect a response to my submission.

At the writing of this post, I have received nothing from them: no license, no response to my URL submission, and no response to my request for for information. Yesterday, my readiness to be rid of the annoying startup nag screen exceeded my willingness to wait for them any longer. So after waiting a week for them to respond, I ended up just buying the software, making the time and effort I put into the URL submission a complete waste of time.

In my experience, nearly all support technicians respond within a day, while Resort Labs still hasn't after a week - and may never. That makes me concerned about what will happen when something goes wrong with the program that I can't resolve on my own. So, buy from it at your own risk and GOOD LUCK to you if you decide to take a chance with them too.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:21 AM by KenR »

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Link Commander: Good program, Bad support
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 02:07 AM »
Yesterday, my readiness to be rid of the annoying startup nag screen exceeded my willingness to wait for them any longer. So after waiting a week for them to respond, I ended up just buying the software, making the time and effort I put into the URL submission a complete waste of time.

Ken
Maybe this is their strategy  :o

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Link Commander: Good program, Bad support
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 02:21 AM »
Yesterday, my readiness to be rid of the annoying startup nag screen exceeded my willingness to wait for them any longer. So after waiting a week for them to respond, I ended up just buying the software, making the time and effort I put into the URL submission a complete waste of time.

Ken
Maybe this is their strategy  :o

You might be right TucknDar. Either way, I want people to know what they do.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546