ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help needed to repair XP (Q: 01)

<< < (2/2)

Wordzilla:
Should I start with this problem: backing up the various (unknown) drivers?
--- End quote ---

Go to the official site of your computer manufacturer and download drivers, or simply make a copy of the DRIVERS (or similiar) directory in your C:\ drive, if it exists.

Curt:
Should I start with this problem: backing up the various (unknown) drivers?
--- End quote ---

Go to the official site of your computer manufacturer and download drivers, or simply make a copy of the DRIVERS (or similiar) directory in your C:\ drive, if it exists.
-Wordzilla (April 07, 2007, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh! 
There are so many things to remember or forget, when you don't really know what you are doing.... I allready have backed up all drivers, using DriverMagician from giveawayoftheday - but I simply forgot!  :-[ 

Curt:
Curt,

How to Create a Bootable Windows XP Setup Disk on a Preinstalled / Preloaded Windows System

Hope it helps!  :)
-Wordzilla (April 07, 2007, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

HowToHaven is telling me to create an ASCII text file, but I don't seem to have that option, only ANSI, Unicode and UTF-8. I have saved the file with quotes around the name, so Windows has not added the usual ".txt", but is calling it 'a file' - not 'text file' - is that what he is talking about? Is it already "ASCII'ished"??

Wordzilla:
ANSI  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version