ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR Plugin SDK 1.0 Released - Make a FARR plugin DLL - if you dare

<< < (2/2)

taichimaster:
Proud to be the First FARR Plugin Developer!!!!  This plugin is very simple and does not do much actually.  It searches your network connections and invoke its default verb upon triggering.  It took me about 2-3 hours to write it.  With this "proof of concept" plugin under my belt, hopefully I can move up to something more challenging.  I have to deal with VPN and PPPoA connections a lot at work, so this might actually useful for my personal use  :up:

Technical Note:
Initially I had problems with the "Status" verb which I traced it down to a windows shell bug where the "Status" verb cannot be invoked by any process other than "explorer.exe" (see HERE) >:(.  So for those PIDLs which have default verbs as "Status", I switched them to invoke "Properties" instead.  Normal RAS entries (VPN and dialup) and "New connection wizards" work fine though. 

Extract and put under the FARR plugin directory.

Type "nwconn $$$1" to search.

Mouser, you did a great job on the Plugin SDK, thanks.  Can't wait to see the custom context menu and grid output support (with custom columns and stuff).  Docs could really use some improvement too.  Oh btw, you can now give me those beautiful badges and mug :)

mouser:
Wonderfull !!!  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

ps. you can customize the value to be filled in for "Location" (and i should make the "Type" column customizable too).

mouser:
Btw, nwconn works great  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

mouser:
The FARR plugin writing contest will begin soon.
Prizes will include Borland C++ Builder Turbo edition, VmWare, and a custom cody mug:

Mug (designed by nudone):

Lashiec:
What the mug! I'll send you a mail ASAP!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version