ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which Software MP3 Encoder already supports DualCore Cpus?

<< < (3/4) > >>

urlwolf:
But if your CDs are immaculate, all this EAC-poweramp paranoia is just not needed, right? I just ripped 6CDs to flac using MediaMonkey (I'm pretty it's not as thorough) and the results are pefect.

f0dder:
Well, even with perfectly clean and non-scratched CD's without copy protection, and even with a decent drive, if you rip in "burst mode" you risk an imperfect copy. That's where AccurateRip helps, though, if others have ripped the disc - you can then verify whether the rip was good or bad.

(With dbPoweramp and a drive supporting C2 error reporting (most do, I think?), you already have a good indication whether ripping was successful or not).

And it might be paranoia, but when you rip to a lossless format, you're already nit-picky about quality. I don't want even an inaudible incorrectness :)

urlwolf:
Well, just in case people were wondering, mp3 ripping really seems like the objectively worst choice for your music.

So paying money for encoder software that goes into the pockets of Thomson (mp3's legal owner) is a bad idea.

I used ogg -q6, and now flac. Ogg is an excellent format, although right now at HA there are talks that seem to imply that development has stagnated:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=53148&st=25

F0dder, where do you get that reference version of dbpoweramp? Do you have to pay even if you don't want to use mp3 at all?

f0dder:
Visit dbpoweramp.com , click the 'music converter', click 'reference'. It's the "big version" of their music converter, check the feature comparison. Ultra Secure and C2 Pointers is what makes it so sekxzy.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can register reference without getting the mp3 pack, but oh well :)

Darwin:
Today's GiveAwayofTheDay, AVS Audio Converter, apparently does this...

EDIT: except that it's not a CD ripper...  :-[ Presumably, their Audio CD Grabber, which was released the same day as the converter also supports Dual Core CPU's...

PS Haven't tried any of AVS' apps myself, so can't comment on their design or functionality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version