ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Favorite Sci-fi movies?

<< < (2/10) > >>

app103:
They Live (1988) (contains one of the most amusing fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie)
--- End quote ---
Is that the one with the special sunglasses and the fight that goes on forever?  Awesome!
-cthorpe (April 04, 2007, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the one!  ;D

masu:
Alien Saga
Predator Saga
Terminator
Robocop 1
Dune
Serenity
Blade Runner
Equilibrium

mouser:
masu, how could we forgotten the terminator series?  terminator 1+2 were one of the most unexpectedly best scifi movies ever.

BUT,
all who have posted so far should hang their heads in shame for not mentioning: 2001.

nudone:
in no particular order:

blade runner (when harrison ford's face isn't on screen).

2001 (is everyone else here insane, this should be in everyone top sci-fi list).

alien (until they start doing stupid things in tunnels).

THE THING (the original is insane for its day, but carpenter's makes most other sci-fi horrors look tame).

clockwork orange (funny if you don't nod off during the dull bits).

zardoz (absolutely ridiculous, sean connery in a nappy, fun).

fahrenheit 451 (some good moments but it would have been nice to see a more faithful adaptation).

matrix (can't fault the coming of the cyber christ)

thx 1138 (seemed a bit naff for a while but makes most recent sci-fi look dumb).

Le Temps du loup [Time of the Wolf] (post apocalypse how it would really be, i.e. depressing, dangerous and confusing).

terminator (i prefer 2 over 1, or did, maybe i'd think differently now).

predator (better than given credit for).

attack of the clones (ignore the romantic interludes - this is the best star wars. you are wrong if think otherwise).

stepford wives (original version - i'm still waiting for the technology to arrive - not long now).

they live (just the glasses scene).

dune (first viewing is like watching an advert for the real film, takes about 3 viewings before it gets any good in my opinion).

dark star (good for a bad film).

anyone watched 'the fountain'? what a complete and utter load of crap. i thought the 'zen-fi' space scenes were good though.

i'd also include 'forbidden planet' with 'the day the earth stood still' for classic old style sci-fi.

(i see mouser has just commented on 2001)

mouser:
the thing -> one of my favorites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version