ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Favorite Sci-fi movies?

(1/10) > >>

zridling:
I'd watch a bad sci-fi movie over just about any other genre. Here's my top five among others you gotta see. Share yours, as I'm needed new material.

* BladeRunner (1982)

* Chronicles of Riddick (2004)

* The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) (hey, genetic engineering)

* Matrix I (1999)

* Soylent Green (1973)

And don’t forget three great/campy ones from the 50s (if you've ever watched Mystery Science Theater 3000, you've seen them all):

* This Island Earth (1955)

* 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957)

* The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

mouser:
you forgot Alien and Aliens !

app103:
These might not be my top picks, but I am trying not to repeat anything you already mentioned, and include some stuff you may not have seen.

Yes, I know some of these qualify as cheese, but I like cheese...cheese is good.  :P

* Electric Dreams (1984) (boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, computer gets jealous)

* Gattaca (1997)

* Cherry 2000 (1987)

* The Lathe of Heaven (1980) (TV) (based on my favorite novel)

* Logan's Run (1976)

* They Live (1988) (contains one of the most amusing fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie)
and of course ANYTHING Star Trek related.  :D

jgpaiva:
Hey! Why didn't anyone mention Star Wars? :D

cthorpe:
Dune (both David Lynch and Sci-Fi channel versions are good for different reasons)
Alien
Serenity (I'll admit it... I'm a JW fanboy)

They Live (1988) (contains one of the most amusing fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie)
--- End quote ---
Is that the one with the special sunglasses and the fight that goes on forever?  Awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version