ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

<< < (3/4) > >>

tinjaw:
Curt,

If you do what I showed you and don't check the box for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." it will not make it the default choice. It will make "it among the listed programs." as you requested. Look at my screenshots. It is not the default, but is listed as a choice for "Open With".

As a side note, you don't use the DLL by itself, you use "rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen"

If it still doesn't make sense, I will try to whip up a screencast or a quick script to do this.

Curt:
This is becomming very confusing!
I clicked Modify, on my post, instead of Quote, on your post. So now the post before your post is the answer to the post after my previous post.  Oh dear!

tinjaw:
The problem is how to reach it when you want to add it to some third party program's options inside the right-click context menu - programs like SendTo Toys or OpenExpert - because they will not show the Explorer suggestions (the suggestions we can see at the picture), but will wait for you to navigate them to the executing file. -Curt (April 03, 2007, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
For those programs, it should be listed in the Other Programs (Andre programmer). Is it not?

Darwin:
Sorry, I should have read the thread more clearly before dropping in with my comment - I didn't mean to confuse  :-[

AndyM:
...it is a dll. So you can invoke it as such:

rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1
-tinjaw (April 02, 2007, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Surprisingly, I have to leave off the %1 to get this to work, but now the shortcut is in my Send To folder, and works fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version