topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Full text on desktop icons  (Read 3882 times)

xtekian

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • .: w/xoco :.'/
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Full text on desktop icons
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:56 PM »
When filenames for desktop icons get too long windows automatically limits them to two lines. Usually that's ok, but when I have icons on the desktop that are not shortcuts (i.e. pdf files) they limit the lines of text for the name to 1. I.e. Verylongword.pdf becomes Verylo.....

When you click on an icon, the full name shows up, but I would like the text to be there even when the icon isn't clicked. I looked through TuneUp and other programs but they don't seem to have an option to do this... anyone know any programs or know a way to let me control the lines that each icon can display on the desktop?

Thanks =)
TkR

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Full text on desktop icons
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:40 PM »
 :) If you can live with having the icons farther apart, try changing the horizontal icon spacing in your desktop settings.

It's explained here: http://www.microsoft.../tips/iconspace.mspx

It is also possible to make the desktop display icons in details view, a list, small icons, icons and side by side, just like any explorer window.

Skrommel