Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 21, 2014, 07:13:31 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Full text on desktop icons  (Read 1912 times)
xtekian
Charter Member

.: w/xoco :.'/

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »

When filenames for desktop icons get too long windows automatically limits them to two lines. Usually that's ok, but when I have icons on the desktop that are not shortcuts (i.e. pdf files) they limit the lines of text for the name to 1. I.e. Verylongword.pdf becomes Verylo.....

When you click on an icon, the full name shows up, but I would like the text to be there even when the icon isn't clicked. I looked through TuneUp and other programs but they don't seem to have an option to do this... anyone know any programs or know a way to let me control the lines that each icon can display on the desktop?

Thanks =)

TkR
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »

smiley If you can live with having the icons farther apart, try changing the horizontal icon spacing in your desktop settings.

It's explained here: http://www.microsoft.com/...setup/tips/iconspace.mspx

It is also possible to make the desktop display icons in details view, a list, small icons, icons and side by side, just like any explorer window.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.16 ]