ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Would you pay for WinZip?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
i'm actually quite fond of winzip, but i will not pay a yearly update for such a thing.
-mouser (August 31, 2005, 02:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite - the whole point about paying for something that most used for free was that you got free updates.

Sounds like the company have stabbed themselves in the foot.

I'll be sticking to the version I have got and if I need updates I'll continue to use WinRAR.

zridling:
Sentinel makes a good point: Next to RAR and 7z, ZIP is looking as fresh as an old man's pasty legs.

Renegade:
Oh... Jeez... Figure what I'm going to say... NO!

Well, I've been happy with what I'm using for years (ALZip), and now I even work for the company! So, I'm not planning on ever paying for WinZip. I can issue myself a million licenses of ALZip if I want! Heck, the only limit on the number of license I can issue myself is how much the data type will hold, which is a lot!

Hell... I'll issue everyone at DonationCoder an ALZip license for free! I'll talk to mouser about this and how I can give people free commercial licenses.

Cheers,

Ryan

mouser:
that would be wonderful ryan!

ps.
am i the only one who has a warm place in their heart for winzip?
i mean historically, were they not the first to get the archive interface down right ? (ie right click unzipping into separate folders, explore zip files like directories,etc.) and one of the first companies to say that even after the expiration time of the shareware it would still run?

Carol Haynes:
am i the only one who has a warm place in their heart for winzip?
i mean historically, were they not the first to get the archive interface down right ? (ie right click unzipping into separate folders, explore zip files like directories,etc.) and one of the first companies to say that even after the expiration time of the shareware it would still run?
-mouser (September 19, 2005, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

No you aren't alone - but unfortunately to good guys have sold out to idiots ... their funeral  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version