ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ctrl + tab (first in, first out history) for excel sheets?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Hi Kevin:

One comment... why ctrl-alt-tab?  Why not ctrl-shift-tab?  Most of the programs that I've seen that use ctrl-tab add shift to go background.  But, since it's in vba, it's easily customizable! 
-kfitting (April 01, 2007, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, as set up in the last Add-In: CTRL+TAB navigated forward through the open WorkSheets; CTRL+ALT+TAB navigated backwards through the view history (different functionality). I was going to use CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+TAB to go forward through the backward navigated history.

But it's editable anyway.

- Perry

urlwolf:
Hi Perry,

Yes, I'm  using Navigate.xls, but not getting the "back to recently viewed worksheets" functionality. I get exactly the same functionality as when I do ctrl + page up/down. Is this what I should be getting?

Maybe there is some addin installed that is messing up with yours, even when turned off?

Thanks

Perry Mowbray:
Yes, I'm  using Navigate.xls, but not getting the "back to recently viewed worksheets" functionality. I get exactly the same functionality as when I do ctrl + page up/down. Is this what I should be getting?
-urlwolf (April 02, 2007, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're using CTRL+TAB not CTRL+ALT+TAB?

urlwolf:
You are right  :D
 CTRL+ALT+TAB is a contorsion for me.
I'll try to change it on the code.
Then, how do I make this change "permanent" (i.e., opening with excel everytime)?

urlwolf:
Hmm, testing now, it seems that it goes back in history, but that is not exaclty mimicking the typical alt + tab behavior in windows.

example. We have tabs A-C, and we click A, B, C. We are in C now, doing some work. I want to go back to B, so I hit ctrl tab. check some data, then I want to go back to C, and hit ctrl tab (as in windows alt tab). The current code takes me to A, not to C.

I think the history array should be updated after I hit ctrl tab (or as it is right now,  CTRL+ALT+TAB). That way, the "last visited" tab will be the expected one.

I think there is a name for this kind of list in CS, not sure I remember the name (fifo?). STL in C++ has a template that implements exactly this....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version