ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Multi-browser Bookmark Synchronization Tool and Other Multi-Browser Ideas?

<< < (3/7) > >>

rjbull:
KenR, any hope of a comparative review?-rjbull (March 31, 2007, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, interesting question rjbull. I'll tell you what, you take a look at Link Commander and then tell me if you think there's any need for a comparative review. I looked at all the programs and I thought it blew the others away.
-KenR (April 01, 2007, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I looked at the cost of a commercial license for the portable version, and thought it too high for me.  Also I'm not sure if the license would cover all needs, such as using it from a USB stick in an Internet cafe or similar, though I suspect it would cover such uses.  Actually, as a registered user of ClipCache, I had a chance I passed on for a discount on LinkStash.  I'm kind of hoping that Rose City Software might make me another special offer some time   ;)

It will be interesting to see if FSL ever finishes his freeware...

mwb1100:
Has anyone tried SiteBar (http://sitebar.org/features.php)?  It's a combination of a web application and client pieces to integrate with IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

The idea is that your browser would uses the web application to store bookmarks, so they'd all be in one place, synchronized, and accessible from any Internet connected machine.

They have the web application set up on their server with free basic service and for-pay options for extra service, or since it's open source, I should be able to set it up on my web host and not have to depend on a third party.

KenR:
-rjbull (April 01, 2007, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I agree. When I looked at that one, it seemed to me that one way for someone to make extra money in a situation like that might be to keep it in development, motivating people to pay by giving them special access to the otherwise unavailable software. Of course, I have no way of knowing whether that is going on here.

Ken

rjbull:
--- End quote ---
When I looked at that one, it seemed to me that one way for someone to make extra money in a situation like that might be to keep it in development, motivating people to pay by giving them special access to the otherwise unavailable software.
-KenR (April 01, 2007, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that much like old-fashioned commercial transactions, before the idea of shareware got invented?  Not sure I see how it would make extra money, especially as alternatives exist...

app103:
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I agree. When I looked at that one, it seemed to me that one way for someone to make extra money in a situation like that might be to keep it in development, motivating people to pay by giving them special access to the otherwise unavailable software. Of course, I have no way of knowing whether that is going on here.

Ken
-KenR (April 01, 2007, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's not his style of releasing software.

He releases 2 versions of everything: 1 regular freeware version for everyone, and one with an extra feature or 2, to thank those that have donated to him in the past.

I am sure it will be released to the public when he feels it is ready and stable. He may have stopped deveopment on it for awhile to work on other projects.

Just think of how long we have all been waiting for this.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version