ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Multi-browser Bookmark Synchronization Tool and Other Multi-Browser Ideas?

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
So i just released the latest version of my FARR plugin FarrFox which allows you to search firefox, ie, opera bookmarks (see here).

Having written code to read bookmarks from ie, ff, opera, i wondered if there was any need for another tool in the universe to work with bookmarks from dif browsers.  Is there need for another tool which can work with browser bookmarks from the different browsers, or do good free tools for this already exist and nothing more is needed.  Any other ideas?

urlwolf:
If you have to use multiple browsers, why not have them all in an external, 3rd party place (e.g., delicious) and connect to that from each browser?

Sorry, I know it doesn't answer the question and sync'ing is yet another problem...

rjbull:
LinkStash (not tried by me) looks good, with a different approach:

LinkStash is an outstanding new bookmarks/favorites manager which works for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, NetCaptor and Opera. Just 5 minutes with LinkStash and we are betting you will never want to use the IE favorites, Netscape & Opera bookmarks again! Easily store and organize all your favorite links. With fields for comments, ratings, password, date last visited, and much more. Make your bookmarks visible and easy to find by using color highlights.

LinkStash will open and close with your browser, and using LinkStash means you can store and organize all your favorite links in a familiar Explorer-style tree arrangement. With fields for comments, ratings, password, date last visited and so on, links can be easily edited, maintained and kept up to date. You can make your bookmarks visible and easy to find by using color highlights. A customizeable toolbar allows you to arrange all your favorite commands in a sensible, custom arrangement of your choice.

[...]

All bookmarks are kept together in one single file, easily fitted on the average floppy diskette. This means your bookmarks are totally portable and can be taken to and from work, and easily synchronized between computers.

[...]

*** Linkstash now combines the functionality of a top notch bookmark manager with complete automated password control. Store all your passwords safely and securely encrypted in LinkStash, protected by a master password and enter complete username/password information on any web site login page with a common configurable keystroke!

--- End quote ---

cnewtonne:
I do use LinkStash and it is the best I've seen so far. The developer John is working on a major update now. I was planning to write a review on it and I will sometimes next week. I have also used netsnippets as a bookmark manager but its limited search was a turn-off. Powermarks was another one I liked a lot, but it looks like it is abadonware now.

andrew_x:
I'd like to recommend you checking Bookmark Base.

It's a small portable (in terms of software portability, not cross-platform) tool which supports IE, FF, Opera and other browsers based on IE and FF core (like Maxthon or K-meleon).
It can import|export bookmarks in any direction between browsers, merge them, clean duplicates, check bookmarks for validity and so on. Here's a comprehensive Softpedia review of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version