ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to backup/sync my HD and USB HD #1 to USB HD #2?

<< < (2/4) > >>

rjbull:
If you don't mind command lines, there's XXCOPY  The free version is perfectly capable, but the payware one is better for networks.

Darwin:
There's also File Commander, which is freeware as well and is quite configureable. I haven't used it recently, but I found it very flexible and well thought out when I was using it. I'm not 100% sure that it will automate the process of syncing files for you though, though it will automate the process of backing things up.

PS I now use DOpus to do this for me - its file sync feature is very robust.

brotherS:
I think I'll use a somewhat advanced sync tool with a GUI for this task. Which? Haven't decided yet, looking for more hints :)

aignes:
I use SyncBackSE for copying everything to an external hard disk.

The hard disks can also be accessed by name instead of drive letters what is great for USB drives, USB sticks or temporarily opened TrueCrypt volumes. I never had a problem with SyncBackSE, it's worth every penny...

Darwin:
brotherS, I don't know if this will help/interest you, but GiveAwayoftheDay has Frigate3 on offer today (for the next 16 hours. One of its features is both folder syncing and file comparison. Dunno... May not be what you're after but I *think* (without having tried it) that it will do the job for you...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version