ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Update of FarrFox Plugin (v1.03.01) for FARR v2 - Mar 29th, 2007

<< < (11/17) > >>

lanux128:
Will this plugin be updated to support Firefox 3 such that it can read the places.sqlite?-herojoker (June 21, 2008, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmm... another reason to hold back FF3. actually i've updated to FF3 on a test PC but haven't tried FarrFox yet. just curious, what happens if you try to run FarrFox with FF3?

herojoker:
There is a default bookmarks.html (showing the initial bookmarks) in the profile directory. The entries of this file are then shown in FarrFox.
When exporting my bookmarks to this file FarrFox works perfectly. So, everytime I want FarrFox to have my current bookmarks I first have to export them and then wait one hour or use "ff `".

kreatorr:
would be great if it could directly access FF3's bookmarks, *as well as* search all open tabs by name, and bring those up when matched :)

maybe it needs a FF extension to be installed in order to expose these features? i swear one of these days, i'm gonna look into how to write a FF plugin... hopefully before FF6 comes out ;)

mastabog:
Another vote to update FarrFox plugin to read native FF3 bookmarks :). I haven't yet gotten mine to work as I'm using a custom profile folder which is not in %APPDATA% (i.e. documents and settings\username\application data).

To read the places.sqlite you need the SQlite DLL: http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-3_5_9.zip (needs only MSVCRT.DLL). It might actually be worthwhile doing an SQLite implementation for FarrFox to fix the hard/slow indexing issue. Up to mouser (and his free time) to decide.

mastabog:
By the way, as a workaround for those for which FarrFox can read the bookmarks.html file generated by FF3: This makes FF3 sync the places.sqlite bookmarks with the bookmarks.html: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML
It creates/syncs the bookmarks.html file every time FF3 closes. I have around 500+ bookmarks and FF shutdown is still fast enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version