topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Alias: Send email to Remember The Milk  (Read 5076 times)

satch

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Alias: Send email to Remember The Milk
« on: April 25, 2010, 08:34 PM »
FarkMilk is without doubt one of most impresive plugins, however I use to conmute so I'm unable to use it offline. I could also send tweets but the offline problem remains. I decided to give aliases a try to customize based upon Core-Internet email functions. I've been able to send some emails but I can't put a body in my messages. I paste my aliases file below:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!-- This file defines aliases for use by the Find and Run Robot program (https://www.donation...r/findrun/index.html). -->
<FarrAliasFile>
    <FileFormatVersion>1</FileFormatVersion>
    <AliasSetDescription>Email to Remember The Milk.</AliasSetDescription>
    <DefaultUserVars>[eRTMPlugin]\n // Email account associated to your Remember The Milk account -- change to your values\n email=YOUR_RTMEMAIL_ACCOUNT\n \n</DefaultUserVars>
 <AliasEntry>
        <AliasText>ertms</AliasText>
        <Score>1000</Score>
        <Regex>^ertms (.*)</Regex>
        <Results>
            <Result>ertms subject=$$1 | mailto:%uservar.eRTMPlugin.email%?subject=$$1%26body=L:p-someday /ICON=icons\farrmilk.ico</Result>
        </Results>
    </AliasEntry>
</FarrAliasFile>

I have a list called p-Someday for personal someday/maybe. I'd like to paste basic template into my email so I can fill it without having to remeber every field (Format for template: http://www.remembert...nding/emailinbox.rtm) I've been struck adding a body to my emails. I've tried using &body or %26body (URL safe enconding) but nontheless it always appears appended to my email subject.

Is there anyway to achieve this? Is this a known problem?  I've not been able to find relevant information in forums. It's my first try so I'm kind of newbie.

Thanks in advance

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Alias: Send email to Remember The Milk
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:22 PM »
hi satch,

good questions.. there should be a way to do this, and you seem to be trying the right things.. let me try as well.  if i can't get it to work i can try to modify farr to handle sending body text properly.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Ok works fine you just have to know how to format it.

Here is an example mailto with a body and newlines in the body so you can do line breaks:

mailto:[email protected]?subject=hello there&body=I'm just writing to say hello%0A%0Asigned, me

notice that after the email address comes a ? then you have the variable=value parts separated by & signs.  the %0A are newlines.

to see how to set bcc,cc, and other info see: http://www.ianr.unl....internet/mailto.html OR http://www.netmechan...s/vol5/html_no17.htm

satch

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24 PM »
Thanks mouser I think I tried it but whenever I do variable substitution it doesn't work. If I write subject it should work. If I get $$s1 and then replace it mailto:[email protected]?subject=$$1&body=p-someday it doesn't work.Everything ends as subject.

I'm using Outlook 2007 as mail client, just in case it's relevant.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I'm using Outlook 2007 as mail client, just in case it's relevant.
it may be..

let's try this to tell, if you use the exact line i pasted above (instead of your $$1 example), does it work and get the body of the message?

if my example works, see if yours works when there are no spaces in your $$1 text.