ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Hard Disk Status Graph

(1/2) > >>

787:
Years ago, (1998), I came across an app called "Diskstate".
It was free then and it gives you many disk statistics.
But it is now available in a "paid" version only.
See here: http://geekcorp.com/diskstate/
It has a number of handy features but I want a very compact cut down version as follows:

A small window (without the usual windows overhead frames etc) with individual bar graphs for all logical disks.
Placed on the desktop with the ability to stay on top or not.
Can temporarily pop up a similar window when placing mouse cursor over it's systray icon (when minimised from the desktop.)
Can adjust the frequency of updates, e.g, from 2 secs to ?mins.
Place each partitions total formatted drive size at the top of each bar with the logical partition letter adjacent to each bar.
Show or hide the unusable area totals in each bar as shaded including the following files; Page file, Hibernate file, System files, Reserved space, Recycle bin.
Show the used space with a coloured fill and a value for the percent and Mbytes of free space.
Will also add or remove external disks to the list when connected, e.g. USB, etc.
Possibly but not essential, open the selected drive in Windows Explorer by right click on the desired bar.

That's it.
Very small in size but legible to read.
Bars can L-R or U-D, not important.
Bars can be all the same length, dynamically scaled for varying partition sizes to fit in the window.

I need this to monitor my drives space during video footage editing.

The rest of the fancy things can stay with my original free version of Diskstate.

Please point me in the right direction if such a beast already exists.

brotherS:
It does exist already: http://www.tiler.com/freemeter/

I used the free version for a long time until I decided that I don't need it anymore.

787:
Thanks, looks good, I'll give it a go but I'm looking for a very simplistic interface (which could look rather boring) to just show my drive space usage.

[EDIT] I attached an image of what I'm looking for. It's basic, but that's exactly what I want.

brotherS:
Yes, I know. You can reduce FreeMeter's GUI to that. Just try it! :)

787:
OK, have tried it and it is almost what I want so will do for now.
I think there's a bug with it's memory monitor.
As it didn't change the virtual memory size indicator to reflect a new forced setting after a reboot. (kept the original size as detected when I first installed it.)
But I'll report that to them.

Thanks for the link brotherS.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version