topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CourseLab - free e-learning authoring tool  (Read 10343 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CourseLab - free e-learning authoring tool
« on: March 26, 2007, 03:23 PM »
This is a multifaceted application with many features and applications. If you think you might be able to use it, spend some REAL TIME on the site to learn what the application can do.

WebSoft CourseLab is a powerful, yet easy-to-use, e-learning authoring tool that offers programming-free WYSIWYG environment for creating high-quality interactive e-learning content which can be published on the Internet, Learning Management Systems (LMS), CD-ROMS and other devices....

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: CourseLab - free e-learning authoring tool
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:28 PM »
KenR: Nice find!  :)

I downloaded it and started to use it...
Very interesting and nice. Might be used to create tutorials for my software and other programs.

If you know and/or like to use Powerpoint, this will be very easy to use. Looks at somewhat acts the same.

Worth a look at.
Be Sure to Download the Zip File and not just the .msi file, as the MSI file alone will not start on my computer. The Zipped MSI Worked without problem.

My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CourseLab - free e-learning authoring tool
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:55 AM »
http://courselab.com/

It has been almost 3 years since CourseLab last said a word, ("version 2.4"), but apparently the patient could still be breathing... I am not sure! The Smartway site claims to be handling the Arabic version of CourseLab version 2.6, but I cannot find any links to the file... Maybe someone else can do it ;-) Anyway, they have a very fine example of a tutorial they have created with CourseLab: http://www.smartway-me.com/CourseLab. I show two screenshots below the quote:

Edited:
A Russian link as well: http://websoft.ru/db...7A600177BEF/doc.html
Trivia: If you search for "CourseLab TeamWork 2010", all the search results comes from Russia!?

09.07.2010:

Commercial versions of CourseLab will be available through partners

The latest commercial version of CourseLab (CourseLab 2.6) will be available in English, French, Spanish and Arabic via WebSoft partners.

BestOf2007_Winner_100.gif

Here is a list of features available in the commercial CourseLab v2.6:

* The object library is now open. Objects become editable by user. User can customize objects, create customized copies of objects or add new objects (XML/XSL/JavaScript skills required for that).
    * Many new VML/SVG vector objects allow data visualization (charts) and rapid development (e.g., tab blocks, image galleries).
    * New question types: true-false, one-to-many, many-to-many. Detailed results on questions become available through the new Detailed results object.
    * New animated characters and talking heads - different ages, different psychotypes.
    * Global variables can be restored also from LMS. Physical size of suspend_data is decreased (therefore, SCORM 1.2 limitation on the number of questions per module is alleviated).
    * About 10 new navigation objects, including Search objects, Alternative Module Path and Timer.
    * General object events (such as mouseover and click, correct-incorrect answer for questions) can use sound effects.
    * The template library contains about 80 templates.
    * The PowerPoint Import and Screen Capture Extra Packs are included.

The list of partners will be published soon simultaneously with the release of localized versions of CourseLab. New partners are invited to translate CourseLab v2.6 into their native language and start offering it in their region.

The free CourseLab v2.4 will continue to be available in English only.
-courselab
CourseLab-1.png
CourseLab-2.png

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:21 AM by Curt »