Next week will be Drive Imaging Tools
It will be part 1 of a 2 (or even 3) week series on backing up:
1) Drive Imaging
2) Incremental Backup of Documents
3) A guide to good backup processes including 1+2 and extra info.
#2 is probably going to be the tricky one as there are so many tools for doing this..
Drive imaging (#1) is easier since there are very few of these tools (true image, drive image, and maybe 3 or 4 others).
Please help out by providing info as discussed in the other thread.
For those unclear, a Drive Imaging tool makes a complete compressed copy of your hd so that it can be restored later.
The current state of the art seems to be TrueImage and DriveImage/Ghost (now the same thing).
Minimal requirements to be considered for this award:
1) images an entire hd, including multiple partitions
2) can run while windows is still running
3) lets you explore/search/retrieve from images
so if you know of other programs that qualify, please post! (this is thing that would benefit me the most, so i don't miss a program)
and otherwise you can list your views on best/worst, and just as important if not more so, what features in a drive imaging tool you think are most important.