ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Pre-review discussion of Backup Software

<< < (3/8) > >>

JeffK:
There are new updates (as of late March) on the Paragon site of some of their software (including Drive Backup).  When I downloaded this update and ran it the scheduler seemed to work OK.  But an incremental backup I created seemed to have an access problem.  I shall try again tonight my time (I am GMT+10).

I did notice that the backup I created did not require a comuter reboot.  I think this is part of the "Hot" function of the program.  I think a change in partition size would still require  a reboot but I'll check that out too.

Jeff

nudone:
doesn't the acronis program require a boot CD when restoring a system image mouser?

i'm sure i tried it and didn't use it any further because of the boot CD thing. but then i was sure i had tried everything and i obviously haven't (i'm beginning to doubt what i've done now  :stars:).

mouser:
acronis might require a boot cd.  i dont think it does, but it might, i don't remember.
i'm just pointing out it does incremental backup + scheduled backups.

ive never considered the boot cd issue.. i'll have to think about it before the review this week.

JeffK:
I tink Paragon would require a boot disk if you were restoring a dead system.  However if you are overwriting the existing system with a backed up system I'm not sure. 

Jeff

mouser:
any other drive imaging software to consider?

Acronis True Image
Drive Image / Ghost
Paragon
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

others?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version