ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Pre-review discussion of Backup Software

<< < (6/8) > >>

JeffK:
I think Acronis might have a better interface for the "normal" user, whereas Paragon is a little less user friendly but a more computer literate person would prefer it.  Have you noticed the (daunting?) level of detail in the Paragon help files?

Jeff

mouser:
you shouldn't have to repeat selection of partitions after reboot, not sure why you would have to..

nudone:
i thought it seemed a bit odd to have to select things twice - i'll have a play around with it today.

if i can get acronis to work properly then it looks like i'll be changing my mind yet again on which i prefer.

(i've not got around to looking at the help files for paragon, jeff.)

nudone:
not figured out what i'm doing wrong with acronis yet but i have to say it definately works a lot smoother whilst making the backup image. even has the option to lower it's priority whilst running by selecting from the tray menu (i don't think that the paragon program allows for this).

i have to confess i've not used 'process tamer' yet. it looks like i now have a piece of software that would benefit from it as the sluggishness of my system whilst using the paragon software is a bit poor.

mouser to the rescue yet again  :D

nudone:
this will seem a little late in the day and quite obvious to all those already using it but i just wanted to say how great process tamer is.

it made the paragon drive backup software work like a dream during the image making process (well, it made my system more responsive as it should). it's a pity paragon didn't allow for this in their own coding of the program. what's the point of having the feature of 'live' drive imagining if you can't use your system very well at the same time?

overall, i probably still have to favour paragon over acronis, simply because it requires less mouse clicking in creating and restoring the image. it's also less annoying as it doesn't need to verify the partitions so much during the selection process.

(i still can't get acronis to stop repeating itself after the dos boot - is it because i have the image on a separate hard drive?)

anyway, time to make a donation for 'process tamer' i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version