ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A programmers notepad w/ syntax highlighting

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
If only I could find a color scheme which resembles the old green text with black background like on older terminals for it.
--- End quote ---
You shall customize as you wish within five sixtieths of the hour and it shall be well
--- End quote ---
= Settings > Style Configurator if i understand correctly

Josh:
Yeah, I have seen how to do this, but this also requires editing the colors for each language I have configured for it. Hence, why I would like a preconfigured style.

f0dder:
Do keep in mind that Notepad++ is still under development, though, and has some bugs. I would stay away from using the "explorer" and "function list" plugins by default, until you've tested them extensively on text you don't mind losing... :)

nite_monkey:
If you want an editor that allows you to install new syntax files to it (includes syntax files on the site), then you could use Crimson Editor.

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

iphigenie:
I have pay for editors which i like but obviously I don't install them when on a machine for a few days, on a contract or something. When I need to install an editor for a while, I have used pspad, crimson, context and they're all pretty nice editors.

I have used context quite a lot recently as it is quick and has a lot of useful feature (text snippets, favorites, column select, little things like this). It doesn't seem to play well with unicode, so if i need unicode i get pspad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version