ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

ITSD Organizer keeps your notes at hand

<< < (4/7) > >>

rjbull:
if anyone knows of an organiser that will sync with a pocket pc then i'd like to know, please.
-nudone (August 31, 2005, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
The author of JBLab Secure Notes
http://www.jblab.com/pim.html
is about to re-write it with PPC in mind.  That's a long way off, but, now might be the time to put in your requests.

rjbull:
I still think the best name is one that starts with "Super Happy" — jeez, that makes me laugh every time and want to speak Japanese.
-zridling (August 29, 2005, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I once came across a Taiwanese outfit called the "Full Yes Company."  Just right for these customer-centric times   :D

I see a new version of Essential PIM is available:

=== begin quote ===
today we are announcing a v.1 6 Release Candidate for EssentialPIM
Free!
There are many new features and bug fixes in comparison to latest 1.5.3
version.
Please remember, it is still a Release Candidate and before
downloading, BACKUP your database into another place (by copying *.epim
file using Windows features)
Download: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/beta/EssentialPIM16.exe

New features:

import from multiple RTF and TXT files (especially for those migrating
from TreePAD)
feature to change icons in Notes tree, pre-setup range
feature to set up Default font for Notes module
"Database Management" new window with essential information about
database
feature to add date/time into Note name
new "Add Note" dialog window
option to show Contacts without grid lines
Reminders are now with "No sound" by default
"Hide Clock" function
Picture in Contacts can be exported now
Undo/Redo buttons added to Notes
Tools-> Options now remembers last used tab
Changed To Do priorities flags to more readable on black and white
printout

=== end quote ===

moerl:
What are your guys' takes on EssentialPIM? I tried it once a while back and didn't get all the hype.. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I didn't look deep enough, and maybe it's gotten better.. so I'm asking you :)

zridling:
I have to agree on EssentialPIM. It's one many advantage is that you can add entried directly in the calendar, which I really like. But throughout each mode, there is so much wasted space. I don't care about fancy icons (that can be hidden), I want to see more events.

moerl:
Last time I tried EssentialPIM, I really wasn't all that impressed. I might give it another shot. I'm currently using "Backpack" from 37signals and really like it. However, if you don't have access to the web, you can't use it, which is quite a disadvantage. Here's something else some of you may find interesting. I have not tried it myself yet but Intend to do so soon. Anyway.. what happened to ITSD now? How do you guys like it? When I first tried it I liked it a lot, but I ran into problems with it after that.. I don't blame *it* though.. it probably was my system that was a bit messed up at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version