ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

ITSD Organizer keeps your notes at hand

<< < (2/7) > >>

Sentinel:
I've been looking for the ideal note taking app since forever (I need sleek and simple but I'm picky about how simple), so I think I'll check this out.

One of the big downsides I tend to have with these combined todo manager/calendar/note databases is that they never seem to integrate very well with anything else.  I can either not use the calendar/todo stuff at all which seems a waste of my money and RAM, or not integrate it with my Palm or PPC which means I'll start missing stuff one way or another.

As for names I think I'd call my organiser 'Virtual Nagging Wife' or WTF? (What's in The Future?).  I don't think there is another type of software with such stupid naming potential.

Oh Mouser, I'm sure there is still plenty of time to change DC's name to something of such universally high quality comedic value.  ;)

zridling:
You can set popup reminders with or without sound if you assign a date/time to your notes. One of the things I like best is that Scroll Lock hotkey for hiding and opening it to the system tray. It takes about 9-10M of memory on my system, but that's nothing considering I've got plenty, so judge for yourself. I liked the $20 price tag, too. Given shareware pricing trends, I was expecting it to cost $35, which would have ended the sale.

As for names, there's always the old "Hey Now!" for an organizer.

rjbull:
Maybe folk should look at the Yahoo! group Power Tools Software
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powertoolssoftware/

where this kind of thing is a preoccupation?

I've recently been playing with JBLab Secure Notes, which is cheap shareware and small and fast, but still has rough edges

http://www.jblab.com/pim.html

Password generator, encrypted, special past mode for Web (tries to guess the right node name), reminder feature that I haven't tried.

--
Robert Bull

nudone:
if anyone knows of an organiser that will sync with a pocket pc then i'd like to know, please.

i'm currently using outlook and agenda fusion but i wouldn't say that it's a perfect combination.

Sentinel:
Outlook.  ;)

Outside of that you will need 3rd party software to sync such as Intellisync or Cadenza (never cheap) and even then they will typically only sync to the bigger Enterprise apps such as Lotus Notes, Groupwise, Act and so forth.  Frankly being forced to use Outlook at home for PPC syncing was one of the reasons I've gone back to using my Palm.

There is a definite missed marketing opportunity here somewhere for some of the smaller organiser developers to integrate their products with ActiveSync...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version