topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: ITSD Organizer keeps your notes at hand  (Read 31811 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ITSD Organizer keeps your notes at hand
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 04:45 AM »
New versions have not been released in two years, but go to the message boards.  THere are several posts from marek from June (I believe) giving status updates on

Thanks; I really had assumed a complete halt on progress and it's good to hear that something's happening after all.

I've been using JBLab Secure Notes a bit;  http://www.jblab.com/pim.html
small, fast, quick startup, just like Treepad Lite, but with lots of useful extra features.  OTOH it's nothing like as nice to navigate around, which is one reason why I registered - gives a bit more urgency if I make suggestions to the author.  It turns out he's about to re-write it completely anyway.  I'm also hoping that Horst Schaeffer will bring out an upgraded version of MemPad  http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Here are a couple of slighly different but related programs you might want to check out:

C-Organizer - calendar organizer kind of thing

ToDoList - project planning tool (free)

:up:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 03:11 AM »
Jibz:  thanks, but my focus on these things isn't so much organization/to-do lists as strage and retrieval of information.  That's one reason I haven't bothered much with Keynote.  It doesn't have Boolean search logic, as far as I can see.  I've seen the suggestion (maybe here, but more likely TalkAboutShareware) that one could get round this by using freeware Treepad Lite to maintain files, and use also freeware and freestanding Treepad reader, which has better search features, for searching.  But, I haven't tried this.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 03:35 AM »
Nope, I've had no problems with Keynote.

I do eagerly await the next version as HTML support would be a great improvement as the limited RTF structure and its support for only BMP graphics files is a major gripe of mine. HTML would give so much more power to create interesting content.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 04:04 AM »
Any thoughts on Keynote vs. Evernote?

I use MS OneNote for school and it works rather beautifully. I just don't like how it's pretty damn limited when it comes to drawing/text tools. Sometimes I'd like to draw a circle or box around a term.. well, I haven't yet figured out how to do that in OneNote. In fact, it doesn't seem possible... if it is and somebody reading this knows how, please enlighten me...

Walery

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 09:51 AM »
I'm not in love with the name, but what do you name these apps? I still think the best name is one that starts with "Super Happy"...
One more name to the collection - VIP Organizer. Should I feel like I
am a VIP if I use it? Though the app itself is good. Not an Organizer,
but rather a 'to do list software'.