topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Startup manager  (Read 8587 times)

chinablue32uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Startup manager
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:57 AM »
Hello everyone I am a new member to this site  so excuse me if I am wrong posting this in here I am looking for a good startup manager I have tried a few but a lot of them are a bit beyond me i need an easy one to use thanks in advance

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Startup manager
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:02 AM »
StartupCPL  :Thmbsup:
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Autoruns is another great tool - http://www.microsoft...lities/autoruns.mspx

If you're looking for a tool to manage the order in which your startup applications run, I recommend StartRight - http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/113/

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 09:12 AM »
Yes, startupCPL is a great product. I recommend it as well. www.mlin.net

It installs itself as a control panel applet, is freeware, and does what all the major competitors do in, to me, an easier interface.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Hello everyone I am a new member to this site  so excuse me if I am wrong posting this in here I am looking for a good startup manager I have tried a few but a lot of them are a bit beyond me i need an easy one to use thanks in advance
-chinablue32uk (March 25, 2007, 06:57 AM)

Chameleon Startup Manager is the best I have found. It has features none of the others do. It is on special here on DC for 40% off until the end of the month. I bought it full price and it was well worth the cost. Also, Evgeni, the developer is a really nice guy and is very responsive to issues (problems and requests).

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 09:43 AM »
What features are those ken?

thomthowolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Bad software makes me tired
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Lets not forget <A href="http://www.r2.com.au...&show=startdelay" target=_blank>startup delayer</A> I was introduced to it on this site and I have found it very easy and effective.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin

chinablue32uk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Thank a lot ive installed startup cpl and it seems to do the job nicely Thanks again

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Good to see it works for you :) Its a no-frills, do what it needs to do and nothing more, startup manager. Enjoy!

Nighted

• Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Welcome chinablue32uk!  :)

Starter is the best for me. The biggest feature is that you can add new programs to start by choosing from running processes. Very easy to use and tons of features and FREE!!!

Use this in unison with Startup Guard (also FREE!!!) and there's really no reason to look elsewhere (for me anyway :) )
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:09 PM by Nighted »

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 03:21 PM »
great suggestions, Nighted!

Mike Lin has made a similar app to StartupGuard, StartupMonitor: http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
I haven't tried it, but I've no doubt it's great, having used other pieces of mlin software.

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 03:29 PM »
What features are those ken?

My personal favorite unique feature is the ability to save startup configurations. Then, you just load which ever configuration you want, apply it, and your set.

Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I might have to give Chameleon a look-see. I'm attracted to what I perceive to be a "set it and forget it approach" and enough people here have raved about it that it must be GREAT! I used to use Mike Lin's Start Up Control Panel and then moved to WinPatrol Pro (the free version is very good as well). In its latest incarnation it features a delayed start feature with more functionality planned for this feature in upcoming releases. WinPatrol's developer is very approachable as well and is very open to feature requests, suggestions, and criticisms. WinPatrol Pro comes with a lifetime license, which is becoming increasingly rare these days.

Another good tool that includes a very easy to use (though not as feature rich) startup manager is The Ultimate Troubleshooter.

Hmm... I hit post and walked away - probably an hour ago - and this didn't get posted because while I was typing (and subsequently away) Nighted, Ken and TucknDar posted their missives as well. Well! Good thing is that it gives me an opportunity to welcome chinablue32uk to the board as well!