topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: To manage the startup procedure  (Read 3353 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
To manage the startup procedure
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:02 PM »
For some years I was been using JoeJoe's StartRight to manage my old Win 2000's startup procedure. I loved this app, and I think it has no competition when it comes to making it EASY to manage startup. StartRight is not fancy, and can do very little to speed up starting, but when it comes to the managing part of the procedure, there really is no other.

Think of it: Would you like i.e. your mail client to be the very last program to open at startup? Click the mail client once, click the lower down-button ("All Down") in the left margen once, click Close, and your mail client is now the last program to open! Ohh, this is soooo easy!!!  :-*

sr-snapshot.gif

Do you want another program to be the second-last to start? Click All Down + One Up - how hard can it be? This program really has my warmest recommendations!

Now, if this program is so fantastic, how is it then that I don't use StartRight?  :o
Well, for some unknown reason StartRight will not work properly on my new XP, as it did on my old Win2K. There should be no reason for this, StartRight is working well on many many other XPs (not Vista compatible). But anyway, I had to give it up and start looking for another startup manager. I have tried some, but not yet found the right one - (Chameleon Startup included; its not half as easy to use).

On other threads we have talked about many startup managers, but the angle was different. I am not asking if you know if any app will make the startup faster or slower, or if they will disable dangerous items, or do other fancy stuff, but: if you know of any startup manager that will make it very easy to MANAGE THE ORDER and the delay of the programs in the startup procedure?
 :tellme:  icon_question.gif

----
-and NOW its summertime! eusa_dance.gif :Thmbsup:

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: To manage the startup procedure
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Why don't you contact the author of StartRight about your problem? If this is the app you'd prefer, then try to find out what's wrong about it.