ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Do any of you customize/alter the Aliases that come with FARR?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
how about aliases & search folders in a separate ini file?
--- End quote ---
extremely good idea

justice:
Idea:
Just check if the alias that you are going to overwrite is the same as the previous-default.
if it is , assume you can update it. If it's tinkered with, keep the tinkered version.
Additionaly you can add a default aliases button which would reset all aliases to the newest.

Wouldn't that cover most uses?
I never used aliases as opera did them better from the searchbox - I only used them for websites.

mouser:
how about aliases & search folders in a separate ini file?
--- End quote ---

this may actually be the right way to go -- treat alias files like plugins, so you can easily enable and disable addon sets of aliases.

lanux128:
yes, i agree.. over time users may have accumulated or created their own set of aliases and this way, it will be easier to compare and share them..
another suggestion, can the hot-key to launch all items in search aliases be reverted back to Ctrl+Enter instead of current Ctrl+Alt+Enter..

esteth:
I like to modify the cmd alias so that the first result gives me a command prompt, and the second gives a cygwin prompt :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version