topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: best tool for downloading cover art and lyrics for your mp3 collection : mp3toys  (Read 4061 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
After using mediamonkey for a long time, lately I have felt that it langs behind in many areas. It's funny how an app that formerly dominated the category can lose control and slip down...

Anyway. For just playing, I posted about XMplay, and I still think this is the best choice.

But for organizing libraries (and mainly get accurate cover art), MM used to be the best (google art plugin, amazon, etc). It was buggy, and doing it in batches was a pain; I can remember how much time I invested getting cover art in a half-automatic way when I first found MM...

Enter mp3Toys. Just play with it. it makes everything so automatic and smooth, it's ridiculous. But it's probably the opposite of XMplay: sound quality is not the focus, and with a large library it may take > 100Mb of memory.

Impressive integration with last.fm (it recommends similar artists!), very accurate cover and lyrics finding... I'll let you find more.

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is the free trial limited in functionality, or just the 28 day time limit?

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I use Album Cover Art Downloader for album art downloading, it's the one that has worked best for me yet.

EDIT: fixed URL, doesn't want quotes :)
- carpe noctem
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:52 AM by f0dder »

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
f0dder, your link is bad