Sure. No secret here. It's basically the procedure I described in my previous thread about Dina.
1. Take the Windows .FON file and convert it to .BDF files with fnt2bdf (which comes with Wine).
2. The .BDF files generated by this tool are pretty incomplete in terms of header information. That's why the fonts basically work in X, but fontconfig
requires well-formed BDFs so it doesn't pick them up.
Since .BDF files are text files, I found out which header information to add by reading the BDF spec and comparing the Dina headers to the headers of a bitmap font that already worked
with X and fontconfig.
Hence, I completed the missing info in the Dina .BDF headers. It is basically information like slant, weight, font name and - as seems most important - the encoding info which is needs
to be set to ISO8859-1 for fontconfig to pick it up.
3. Convert .BDF files to .PCF files with bdftopcf (standard X tool).
Yeah, it's always easy as soon as you know how to do it right
Installation of the fonts
1. In theory, you can use either the .BDF files or the .PCF files. The .PCF files are compiled and may provide better performance in X. I only tested with .PCFs.
2. Just copy the set of font files to a directory which is in X's and fontconfig's font path.
3. run "mkfontdir" in the respective font directory.
4. run "xset fp rehash"
5. run "fc-cache -f"
6. check with "fc-list | grep Dina" that Dina is there as medium, bold, italic, and bold italic.
7. Restart KDE or GNOME or whatever desktop environment you might use in order to have Dina available
in the font selection dialogs.