ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Babylon discount

<< < (5/10) > >>

cyberdiva:
Shades, thanks VERY much for the tip and instructions about Cameyo.  Certainly if the virtual XP option is a resource hog, it wouldn't be acceptable for my needs, at least not for Babylon, which I use very frequently.  Hence,  I'll definitely keep Cameyo in mind as a possible solution if I can't get Babylon 6 to work on Windows 7 64-bit.   

cacoder:
Edited: Only now I realize this is the "Found Deals and Discounts"-thread, but this post is not really about any discounts...

-my "love" for Babylon has been cooling down ever since version 5 or 6 - I just haven't found anything better (and I have several of the kind). One problem regarding Babylon is that they launch major upgrades just as often as Ashampoo!! This year is no exception: After 11 months with Babylon 8, Babylon version 9 is ready. And bloody expensive it is. Well, kind of; it's a Lifetime license, (or Monthly Subscription: $9.7). At least this will be the last upgrade needed, but man, the upgrade is $71 !! Bundled with the Oxford Dictionary + Thesaurus set it is "merely" $77 , which may be okay for a lifetime license, I guess. Normal full prices are $118 (or $128 incl Oxford). But as I said, it is a lifetime license, so in theory this should be the last upgrade needed...

(see attachment in previous post)

-Curt (February 01, 2011, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just paid $35.75 to upgrade to babylon 9.

Go to http://www.babylon.com/products/upgrade.html.  Click Upgrade Now.  And append &voucher=NLCPRO8CEL100M45P to the url and press <enter>.  Good luck.

Curt:
-thanks, cacoder!
You sure took your time to make your first post, so a very belated Welcome! here at DC :-)

Which browser do you use? Babylon promised that they would write me when Babylon was fit for IE9 and FF4. Now we have FF5 coming and I still haven't heard from Babylon.

I am getting used to WordWeb Pro, but I would prefer to use Babylon.

cyberdiva:
I just paid $35.75 to upgrade to babylon 9.
-cacoder (July 19, 2011, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...that's really interesting, but what do you get in Babylon 9 that you didn't have but did want in Babylon 6?  I love Babylon 6.  I was afraid that it wouldn't work on my new computer running Windows 7 64-bit, but it does.  More or less.  ;)  What doesn't work is highlighting a word and bringing up Babylon to translate it.  But I was having problems with that feature even on my old WinXP computer.  More than half the time, Babylon wouldn't see the right word, so I got into the habit of writing the word into Babylon and then getting it to translate.  The translate feature is excellent, especially with the Vox Advanced Sp-Eng-Sp dictionary, which gives lots of idioms and phrases.

Of course, if Babylon 9 could work more seamlessly with Win 7 64-bit, that might be a reason to fork over $35.75.  BTW, when I clicked on the website link you provided, it said "Upgrade to Babylon 8" not 9.  ??

Curt:
-yes, version 8.
Upgrading to Babylon 9 / Oxford 9 seems to be $65 / $71

@cyberdiva: If you (use an extension to) auto-copy any dbl-clicked word, you would just have to paste that word into your translation box. It would be a time saver, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version