ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Backup4all for U3

<< < (3/3)

iphigenie:
This is of course different from the backup4all key where the key contains and triggers the backup program and you have one key that can backup the same thing on multiple computers, I suspect... whereas NHB has one computer which can backup on multiple keys

urlwolf:
yes, it does that.
But it is really slow. And bk4all it's the single application that I have seen going over 300mb of memory usage.
-urlwolf (March 20, 2007, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
This happened because you had a lot of files and a lot of file versions for those files - recommendation is such cases would be to use the "Limit maximum number of stored backups to" or "Merge stored backup to maintain the maximum limit" options. Thing is that all the information regarding files and file versions is stored in the backup catalog (.bkc) and that's loaded in the memory, and if you have lots of files and file versions the size of bkc increases.

-Softland (March 21, 2007, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I just did that; my current .bkc is ~30mb. Doing a frist backup after selecting the new options... will it reduce the size of my .bkc file, or should I start from scratch?

Anyway, this is also one optimization that will be included in version 4, just as a side note we've redesigned the catalog and doing tests with over 1 million files (and keeping file versions) while maintaining acceptable usage of cpu/memory.

--- End quote ---
Good to hear...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version