ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC-IRLDD: DonationCoder.com Impromptu Real Life Dinner+Drinks, Sat 3/24 Illinois

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I've just moved into a new place in champaign-urbana, IL (that's why i haven't been around as much this last month).

Gothic and Della (two DC forum/irc-channel people) are taking a trip to visit this saturday, and on the off chance that there are other people who visit this forum who live in the area or like driving (or taking Amtrak), i thought i would extend the invitation to join us for a late dinner and drinks.  We will be going out not eating at my place, but i'm happy to host anyone who wants to stay overnight (bring your sleeping bag!).

So it will be late dinner and drinks at a downtown champaign restaurant+bar, on saturday night, march 24th.  I'll post more specifics as they become clear but the details may change as the night progresses so you'll have to coordinate with me ahead of time.

We may end up going to the movies sunday afternoon and you are welcome to join us there as well.

Please message me or email me ([email protected]) if you plan on coming - and please do come! it will be fun :Thmbsup:

ps. It's ok if you are an anti-social person who never posts, this will be just a casual get together, nothing stressfull, and we won't be talking about DC all night long either.  I'm not very social myself so it will be an interesting experience..

mouser:
Addendum:
The Amtrak train station is an easy 10 min walk to my house.

tinjaw:
Darn. Not good timing for me. However, Google maps says that it should only be a six hour drive each way from KC to you. That's firmly in the realm of the possible and creeping into the realm of the probable. Maybe I will take a long weekend some time this summer and come visit.

Lashiec:
So, what's the cost of a plane ticked to nearest Champaign international airport (I presume is St Louis)?

Anyway, I have a C++ program to code and syntax basic to study, not to mention begging my brother for his companion buying computer products (that is, he'll be carrying them ;D), so I'm afraid I can't. Not that I could go under normal circumstances, unless I move to the USA and...

Well, have fun, and be sure to tell us all the interesting things you'll take about, like if you found a solution to clean the political mess in certain country ;)

mouser:
champaign has an airport (Willard Airport); there is also 3hr trains/busses to and from chicago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version