topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Save web page to directory based on web site in browser title  (Read 4238 times)

bparent

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am constantly visiting sites and saving web pages (usually as .mht extension) and have to click File->Save, then change the filetype to extension .mht, then browse to the correct directory and press save, so that I can keep files organized. It would be nice to click on File->Save and then let a program do the rest of the clicking if the web site was recognized by a list or configuration file.

dk70

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Save web page to directory based on web site in browser title
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:13 PM »
Not updated since some time but I guess MAF or Mozilla Archive Format is what you are after so dusty http://maf.mozdev.org/index.html to the rescue - note forum showing how to install on Firefox 2 http://www.createfor...m.com/phpbb/maf.html

Perhaps consider Scrapbook http://lifehacker.co...scrapbook-168744.php

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:35 AM »
I use SurfuLater to do this, either as a full page or as a bookmark (depending on what I want to do with the information).

But there are quite a few other similar applications that sit outside of the browser that should do what you want.

The beauty of an application like SurfuLater is that moving stuff around is really simple.

- Perry

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:32 AM »
Try out Local WebSite Archive, which is on DonationCoder discount until the end of March 2007.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:41 AM »
I highly recommend LWA if you are trying to keep archives of pages.

If you're doing it for web design - to explore stylesheets etc. it does rename all the files it downloads so there's a bit of searching to find out which of the folders contains the page you want. Of course each folder is accompanied by a text ini file named something like 4200703011403175312.wsa which contains all the information, so just searching within these .wsa files makes finding the page not *that* long